Merchant Benefits of Multi-Acquiring Partnerships (Series 2)

May 12, 2021

Checking in for part 2?

Let’s explore the survey’s participant pool and key factors involved during the study. The survey aimed to quantify rationale for different acquiring strategies and the operational benefits of use to merchants with payment gateways capable of supporting multiple acquirers.

. For a robust study, ACI Worldwide and Edgar, Dunn & Company (EDC) developed a full picture of the market from a sample of merchant respondents with varying business sizes, verticals and geographic locations.

Each merchant offered feedback on the number of acquirers in their network as well as the reasoning behind their operating strategies. Ninety-three merchants running in North America, Europe/MEA or globally took part in the survey.

1
0 %
2 -5
0 %
6 -10
0 %
10 >
0 %

By the Numbers

Close to half (43%) of merchants worked with a single acquirer, while the remaining 57% found multi- acquiring arrangements ideal for their business model. Each merchant preferred the number of acquirers to work with: 44% work with between two and five while 8% used more than ten (three having used between 30-33 acquirers with one using 57).  

Do you plan to change your acquiring arrangements within the next year?

No Data Found

Close to half (43%) of merchants worked with a single acquirer, while the remaining 57% found multi- acquiring arrangements ideal for their business model. Each merchant preferred the number of acquirers to work with: 44% work with between two and five while 8% used more than ten (three having used between 30-33 acquirers with one using 57).  

We will take a deep dive in the next part of our series as we explore merchant satisfaction and reasoning for their multi-acquirer engagements. Share you experiences as a business owner navigating the digital transactions landscapes. Tell us how many multi-acquirer partnerships you have or plan to have in the near future.

Alto Global Processing can be your next partnership for seamless and global transactions. Reach out today so we can build a relationship!

Share your thoughts on our LinkedIn page.

Adoption Of AI Tools Among Businesses Skyrockets

Adoption of AI Tools Among Businesses SkyrocketsJune 10, 2024The latest hot topic in almost every sector has been artificial intelligence: and payments are no stranger ...
Read More →

Consumers Expect Simpler Checkout Processes

Consumers Expect Simpler Checkout Processes   June 5, 2024 As younger generations start participating in the payments world, expert insights and surveys show shoppers continually ...
Read More →

CFPB Determines BNPL Companies Must Follow Same Regulations As Credit Card Providers

CFPB Determines BNPL Companies Must Follow Same Regulations As Credit Card Providers May 29, 2024 Ever since the advent and subsequent boom in use of ...
Read More →
Scroll to Top